Friday, June 5, 2009

Passing of my Grandpa Mortensen


My Grandpa passed away today. He is a good man and I know he is happy on the other side. He would always say that he couldn't wait to see his beautiful bride again and know they are reunited! My Grandpa was just shy of 93 and he had just made a long trip form California to Utah driving by himself about 10 days ago!
Jeremy the kids and I drove to the Price, Utah hospital today to see him and say our goodbyes. I'm glad I went down because it was just hours after we left that he passed away.
I will remember lots about my Grandpa but one thing I will remember is the love he had for his family. He has 7 children and well over 60 grand and great grand children. I would get a call from him (from his cell phone:) he bought one after my grandmas passed way) at least once a week. Sometimes is would be 4 or 5 times a week. It amazed me and made me feel special that he would remember me. I know that he called other children and grandchildren too. He also knew each one by name. He would tell me that when he couldn't sleep at night he would name in his head each one of his kids and then the grand and great grand kids in age order. I Love my grandpa and will miss him, but I am grateful for the relationship I had and still have with him, and I know he is in a better place.

3 comments:

THE BELLS said...

I'm sorry Anna, but I do know he is in a better place. I miss you. Let me know when you get settled so we can get together. Hope you are doing OK I have been thinking about you a lot.

Shanda said...

I'm so sorry- I'm glad you had such a good relationship with him. And he IS in a better place :)

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa! Sounds like you had fond memories which are always nice to have!