Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Home Video Night

So last night we watched some home videos with the kids. They where loving it and wanted more and more. Nothing has ever kept their attention for so long! I was so fun to see how much the kids change in just a few short years. . . Anyway after the videos is was time to put the kids to bed. After they were in bed I was on the computer and heard some sniffling from Brooklyn's room. Then it started to sound more like fighting back the tears, and then full on sobbing. I run in to here room to see what was wrong and she was sitting on the edge of her bed. I gave her a hug and asked her what was wrong and she said, "I want to be a baby again." I got so sad because I thought to myself that maybe I'm not giving her enough attention and love. I then held her tight and sang to her like she was a baby and Jeremy and I talk to her about all the fun things she can do because she is a big girl. She was fine after that, but Jeremy and I learned a few things while watching the videos. . . 1 is we boss our kids around a lot and 2 we should just not talk while we are recording because we say such dorky things:)

1 comment:

THE BELLS said...

That is so sweet. I agree with the video stuff Randy and I think the same thing. It is not cool to hear yourself say," Hi baby...oh your so cute, yes you are...whos my big boy?" and YES we do need to hang out. It has been months!