Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Painful Day

Yesterday I was scheduled for a D and C. Jeremy and I woke up early and headed for the hospital. We get there at 6:15 and they had me no where on their schedule. The hospital messed up because they called Dr. Judd (my OB) and he was planning on coming in to do the procedure at 7:00 So anyway they sent us home. In the mean time I was having some pretty bad cramps which I had had the day before too. I just layed on the couch while Jeremy made some calls to see what our options were. He finally got an appointment for 3:15 that same day. We were really happy because Jeremy was going to CA the next day and he didn't want to be gone. So by about 10 my craps were really bad and were probably more like contractions. I was in the worst pain of my life and was balling and asking Jeremy if he should call 911, yea, they were that bad! So he called the doctor to see what we should do and he said to go to the hospital to get an IV and some pain meds, but he couldn't do the procedure until 4:00. I said that was fine I just need to get rid of this pain. Just side a note, I am not one to take pain relievers or meds just for the heck of it. I don't even take them hardly when I have headaches and cramps and stuff, so I'm not lying when i say it was the worst pain ever! So anyway we get to the hospital (my mom was watching the kids, we flew her in on Sunday) and we have to fill out tons of paper work and the people didn't seam to care that I was in dyer pain. We had to wait in the waiting room until our room was ready which was only like 10 min but it seamed like forever! Anyway to make a long story short I didn't get my meds for like an hour after we got to the hospital. After the meds i could still feel my craps but it took the edge off and i was able to rest. We were in that room for like 6 hours before the D and C. Poor Jeremy had to wait in that room board for so long. He is such an awesome husband. He really is everything that a girl could want. I'm glad he was with me the whole time. After the D and C I was a whole new person, and all the pain that I had that day was gone. Jeremy and I got home at about 8 that night. What a long day but I'm glad that everything went well.

5 comments:

melissa said...

I am so sorry that on top of everything else, you had to deal with a hospital mix up! I am so glad that you are feeling better! Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

THE BELLS said...

Oh man Anna...I was thinking about you and you are in my prayers. I am SO glad your Mom was there and that you have such a wonderful husband. If you need anything please let me know...

Julie said...

Hey Anna, Julie (de Groot) here. I was on a friends blog and accidently clicked on your link and well I'm glad I did. I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and D&C mishaps and all. I myself have had 2 blighted ovums w/D&Cs for each - not fun at all. Luckily they found out the reasons why I was having them. I felt that they were harder then my other miscarriage because you really don't see it coming until you go to the doctor. I hope that you are feeling well in all aspects. You have a beautiful family and you look great!

By the way, i don't know if you've heard the rumor or not, but April got married like a week ago or so (none of us knew until after the fact ether).

Julie said...

They were really baffled because I had had a successful pregnancy before. They did a number of blood tests, but nothing non-normal came back. There was 1 test though that is called Factor 5 or something, basically it has something to do with how your blood clots. Normal is like 30, I was 35 and usually they don't think anything of it unless you're like 200 (if that makes sense at all). Anyway, I had a great doctor who really checked into it - he called a infertility doctor friend of his to see what he suggested. I was put on 1 baby aspirin every day my entire pregnancy and for the first 20 weeks I had to give myself a shot of heprin (blood thinner) twice a day. A pain, but definitely worth it! It worked for me and I will have to do it any other time I'm pregnant again, but it really isn't that bad. They basically figured that when the placenta was developing, my blood would clot it and cut off nutrients to the baby, killing it around 6 weeks. My brother-in-law is an o.b. and he said that this is common amongst caucasian woman, especially those from certain areas of Europe (Holland & Germany being in that area!). I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about it or if you have any I could ask my bro-in-law, I'd be more than happy to help you out! You can email me at julieradmacher@yahoo.com
I really wish the best for you and hope they can figure this out for you sooner than later!

A Person said...

Hey Martins, sorry to hear this bad news, that's amazing that you are so open about it on your blog, thanks for sharing. Looks like you already have three beautiful kids so congratulations on that! Hope all else is well.